Monday, May 7, 2012

Domino's Now Has Gluten-Free Pizza! (Sort Of.)

Here's the link to the ABC News story. 
“Offering Domino’s Gluten Free Crust is a big step for us, and we wanted to make sure we were doing it right,” Domino’s CEO J. Patrick Doyle said in a statement.
“The prevalence of gluten sensitivity has become a real issue with significant impact on consumer choice, and we want to be a part of the solution,” he said.
Although the crust is gluten-free, the company only recommends that those with a mild gluten allergy enjoy the pizza.  It doesn’t recommend the crust for those with Celiac disease because it can’t fully guarantee the product hasn’t come in contact with gluten.

WT(G)F?

So, it's just for people who are pretending to have gluten sensitivities? Or people who "prefer" to eat gluten-free because it's a fad?

You know, I thought that when Gluten-Freeness became a fad, that we'd get more and better choices, not worse choices. If, indeed, this pizza is "sort of gluten free," then some people who really have a huge reaction, like me, might try it and get sick.

This is baloney, and not gluten-free baloney.

I admit, I'm tempted. The GF crust only comes in a small 10" size, according to the website. Because I live in BFE, I can't even get delivery. (ARGH!)

See? I'M TEMPTED! I'M TEMPTED TO EAT THE SORT-OF GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA!

Argh.

Now, instead of knowing that Domino's if off-limits, I'm tempted to try it and see if I get the squirts.

Bah.

I think I'm going to have to try it before I update my ebook: What To Eat When You Eat Out GLUTEN-FREE (60 Chain Restaurants.) 


Tempted. Argh.

TK


No comments: